Children of Merlin - Harry Potter 1980s RPG
STARTING GUIDE - Printable Version

+- Children of Merlin - Harry Potter 1980s RPG (https://hiddenkiss.net/nevermore)
+-- Forum: INFO (https://hiddenkiss.net/nevermore/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: START HERE (https://hiddenkiss.net/nevermore/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: STARTING GUIDE (/showthread.php?tid=107)

STARTING GUIDE - Kieran - 03-23-2021

STARTING GUIDE

Welcome to the board.  Smile Heart 
Feel free to join our Discord server at any point,
or use the cbox in the bottom right corner on all pages.
You'll get in contact faster though Discord.
It's linked on all pages in the floating menu above.

STEP 1 ~ Read the Plot, the world info and Rules in whichever order works for you. The world info thread has only board-canon info that you need to know. Some of it can be skipped initially if the particular world detail won't affect your character but there are parts that do apply to any character.

STEP 2 ~ Take a look at what kind of characters we already have here.

STEP 3 ~ Register on the board with your character's name. You can also register your username as a player account but it's not necessary. Use the same e-mail address for all your account so you can attach them to each other.

STEP 4 ~ Fill in the application form provided below, if you haven't already.
You can include a roleplay/writing sample if you want to, but it's not required at all. If you use a play-by, check from the Play-bys list if it's available. When you're done, post it on the Appplications forum.

STEP 5 ~ Wait for the approval. I usually read apps within 3 days. If I've replied to it but it's still in the Applications section there's something in it that needs to be fixed. When I approve the app I will move it over to the Characters forum.

Then just enjoy plotting and writing!

Code:
[align=center][b]~ ABOUT ME ~[/b][/align]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (you must be [b]at least[/b] 18 years old)

[align=center][b]~ CHARACTER ~[/b][/align]

[b]Play-by:[/b] Can be dropped if you don't use photos.
[b]STATUS:[/b] Main character or side character.

[b]NAME:[/b]
[b]BIRTH DATE & AGE:[/b] Age during the timeline of 1985-1992.
[b]SPECIES:[/b] Can be dropped if it's a human. Vampires and werewolves count as human.
[b]BLOOD STATUS:[/b] Half-blood / muggle-born / muggle / pure-blood / squib / vampire / werewolf / other part-creature. Can be dropped if it's a pure magical creature.

[b]OCCUPATION:[/b] Can be dropped if it's a ghost or a kelpie. Unless you vision it actually has a job.
[b]CURRENT RESIDENCE:[/b] The town/city & the country. If in London, where in London?
[b]FAMILY:[/b] At least names and birth dates of parents. And of siblings and children if has any.

[b]APPEARANCE:[/b] At least height, weight, eyes, and hair. If you don't use picture there should also be some more detailed description.

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] A fleshed-out description, and remember a character needs to have at least a few significant weaknesses.

[b]HISTORY:[/b] A fleshed-out history, at least any major events that shaped them into the person they are.